Help! There Are So Many German Cockroaches In My Oklahoma City Home
August 10, 2022
You're not alone if you've been noticing an influx of German cockroaches in your Oklahoma City home. These pests are becoming increasingly common in homes across the state, and they can be extremely difficult to get rid of once they've established themselves.
They can spread deadly diseases like E. coli and Salmonella since they collect harmful bacteria on their legs as they crawl through decaying matter. That's why you shouldn't delay calling Oklahoma City pest control to eliminate the critters.
How To Identify German Cockroaches
German cockroaches are tiny, dime-sized nocturnal roaches that escape into crevices and cracks in walls quickly. Grown-ups are long, light caramel-colored brown, with several longitudinal black stripes running across the pronotum. On the other hand, nymphs are oval-shaped, black/ darker brown colored, and tinier.
These pests reproduce faster than other types of cockroaches. The female can live for up to 30 weeks and produces at least 30,000 eggs per year. A professional German cockroach extermination company has the skill and equipment to smoke out those nightmares and eliminate them before they spread.
German Cockroaches And Food-Borne Pathogens
Food is the main tool for transmitting infectious pathogens to us. German cockroaches are excellent transmitters of food-borne pathogens due to their presence in places where food is preserved and filthy tendencies.
They walk on food and even chew and regurgitate it before leaving the scene when you appear. They can also spread these food-borne illnesses by contaminating surfaces like countertops and utensils.
Some of the pathogens that scientists isolated from them include:
- Bacillus cereus
- Shigella boydii
- Shigella flexneri
- Staphylococcus aureus
- Shigella dysenteriae
Keeping your home clean is good, but eliminating all the cockroaches in your home is a sure way to avoid putting yourself and your family at risk of contracting the pathogens.
Step-By-Step Guide To Getting Rid Of German Cockroaches
Eliminating the creepy crawlies is pretty straightforward. Here's a rundown of the pest control steps you should follow:
- Locate the cockroaches' hiding spots, which are usually humid and warm.
- Get the supplies- some essential items that can assist in roach extermination are IGRs, sprays, German cockroach bait, bombs, and gels.
- Cleanse outside- you'll have to clean up around your yard in key areas before you can apply the roach killers.
- Deep clean your home in every room, then use the supplies accordingly for extra protection. Apply IGRs in cockroach infestation sites and sprinkle a cockroach poison combination in dank/dark places.
How Professional Cockroach Control Can Help
DIY cockroach control might be effective, but only temporarily. A professional cockroach exterminator in Oklahoma like Epoch Pest Solutions guarantees permanent pest extermination for your Oklahoma premises with ongoing treatments.
We're located in Oklahoma City, OK, and have years of experience getting rid of pests like German cockroaches effectively. We have a thorough treatment prevention plan to provide maximum results:
- Our licensed technicians will talk with you regarding your experience with the pests before inspecting your home for free in areas where they hide.
- They'll spray baseboards all around your space, inside pantries, and beneath all appliances and sinks after you've covered surfaces in your home and left your home for at least four hours.
- They'll put powder and gel baits in discreet areas around the space.
- They'll sum it up with fumigation and cleaning the exposed places.
We provide frequent follow-up services to ensure your home remains cockroach-free as it should. Call us today for reliable German cockroach elimination services.